DIATON TONOMETER GLAUCOMA in the earliest stages through a simple, noninvasive procedure. This unique methodology of intraocular pressure measurement through the eyelid provides new resources in ophthalmotonometry, simplicity and safety of tests. Medicaire is asking doctors to screen more patients for glaucoma – once every 12 months for patients at high risk.
Since the Diaton is Non-corneal and Over the Eyelid, testing can be performed even when the patient is wearing contact lenses. Also, the non-invasive technique eliminates risk of infecting or scratching the cornea, with no numbing drops required to measure the pressure and no recovery time needed.
Useful in multiple situations, including:
– Screening examinations of the patients.
– Mass-screening of patients.
– IOP control during selection of adequate medicines.
– IOP measuring in the presence in a patient of chronical conjunctivitis, erosions, edema and cornea dimness.
– IOP measuring in patients after corneal surgeries.
– Ophthalmotone day monitoring.
– IOP measuring in immobilized patients and in children.
– IOP measuring during contact correction (lenses are not taken out).
Features and Benefits
– The only non-corneal and non-contact tonometer.
– Enables optometrists and other healthcare professionals who provide primary vision care to test intraocular pressure (IOP) for glaucoma through the eyelid.
– Quick and painless, tonometer readings are not affected by contact lenses or other corneal properties (Examples: Post-LASIK or older patients).
– Ships complete and ready to use – no additional accessories or consumables required.
– No contact with the cornea (only upper eyelid)
– No anesthesia drops.
– No risk of infecting or scratching cornea.
– No sterilization.
– No pachymetry needed (no need to purchase pachymeter)
– No daily calibration needed.
– Handheld / Portable + Easy to use.
– Carrying-case with testing/calibration device.
– Instruction DVD with self-calibration and cleaning instructions.
– User Guide/Manual
– Battery (3V battery, available everywhere)
– 2-year limited warranty